Sunday, January 27, 2008

2nd Kid Syndrome

I already feel so bad for Linus, it is not intentional, but I have not done nearly the stuff that I did with SD. I have tried, but I have a kajillion other things going on oh, and chasing a 19 month old around tends to have an affect on ones memory! With SD, I took pictures pretty religiously every week. I took one of this pregnancy around 13 weeks, when I started to look pregnant (ridiculous, isn't it) and then I skipped about 4 weeks, and have been trying to keep up since. Also, I journaled like crazy when I was pregnant with SD. I actually bought a journal right when I found out I was pregnant with Linus, but at about 15 weeks, I went back and started creating entries. Poor kid, I hope blogs are unrecoverable by the time he is forced to enter therapy because I have already deprived him so much! I was also really good about taking my vitamins and drinking lots of water, etc. Not so much this time, it is a wonder if I get my vitamin 3 times a week and I am really loving me some Caffeine Free Diet Coke these days. I hope that this does not scar him for life. Hopefully I will not be one of those moms that doesn't do their second kids' baby book, etc. He will be in scrapbooks, I am pretty good about those, but I am still am not finished with SD's first year, so I better get to it if I want to be ready. The one thing he does have going for him is that his Christmas stocking is already done, I just have to add his name. Meanwhile, SD will hopefully have her own stocking by her 3rd Christmas! I am Mom of the Year, I tell you what. I won hands down for 2007, so I am going for a repeat performance!

2 comments:

Becca in Texas said...

Really Erin. He is not going to know any of that. I think you worrying about it will make it worse. I did not eat as well at all with Bear and he turns out to eat anything you put in front of him. With Bubba I had no caffeine and ate all kinds of veggies and that child won't touch a new food until he has seen it 350 times.

Erin said...

I won't stress about it in front of him, but you know how I am! My sister has SERIOUS second child syndrome, that I think is mostly perceived, but I don't want him to be like that! I like to worry about things until they happen, then I am pretty relaxed about it.