Monday, August 4, 2008

Body Image

I have come to some realizations about my body and things I don't like, or wish were different, they are a little odd, so hang on for the ride. Some of them I have always wished were different, some have popped up post babies!
  • I have really broad shoulders, I am fine with that. What I have noticed though is that my back looks really broad, especially in halter stuff. I am not sure if I like it.
  • I have always described my body as a playdough ball with toothpicks sticking out. I have very skinny legs and arms. My legs have bulked up from running, which I like and I am trying to really focus on my arms, I don't like them moving when I wave. Anyway, my legs have never touched anywhere until I had kids, now there is a little extra fat on my inner thighs and they touch at the very top. I do NOT like this one bit!
  • I am a white girl, and I have a white girl but, FLAT! I would like a little booty love, I think it would help balance things out. I guess I will have to resume doing Buns of Steel with Tamilee (who by the way, I was once on a cruise with and she fell down the stairs drunk, it was so funny). SD does not have a chance in this department, her daddy has some serious white-boy butt as well!
  • I have always gained weight in my core, after Linus, it seems it has moved to depositing itself on my back. I hate that, I hate it jiggling when I run! That must go. So, we are doing Billy Blanks, he sucks, I hate him! Okay, it is really more of a love/hate thing!
  • And I have saved the weirdest for last. My tailbone gained weight, I swear it!

So, off to munch on some carrot sticks while sitting on an exercise ball! Just kidding! I am about being healthy, not crazy!

3 comments:

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

LOL LOL LOL! Seriously your tailbone???
You gotta cut yourself some "post baby" slack! My "back jiggle" disappeared when I trained for the half in May...came back a little...and is now disappearing as I train for the one in Sept...and then Nov!!!
I remember with RDC bouncing back fast because I had the time to walk him up and down the halls (superfussy!), but it took much longer with CCC! Keep at it!

Becca in Texas said...

Ok see this is not good for me to read. If you are worrying about things like back fat, then why am I not more worried about all over fat =)

Erin said...

Becca - Because you are not as crazy as I am! I have a thing about skin touching!