Thursday, August 7, 2008

Linus Update

We have switched Linus to a 4 hour feeding schedule and so far it is really working. He was sleeping through the night and then started waking up again. I think it was because I was waking him up at 9:30 to feed him and I think it was disrupting him. I tried it on Tuesday when I worked from home, and he did really well. Tuesday night, he slept from 8-5!!! Then my MIL was with the kids yesterday and she said he did a great job. We upped his ounces from 5 to 6, but reduced the number of bottles he gets. Of course, I am not sure how much he gets when he nurses, but I don't think he is lacking in food! He has moved to a longer schedule before SD did, but I think it is because he is so much bigger! We will see how he does today, but I have high hopes already!!

I can't believe that he is almost 3 months old! He is getting so big and a lot more interactive. SD of course has really taken to her role as big sister and tells everyone that she is a big sister. I love seeing her love on her brother, it just doesn't get much better than that. I know that she is very anxious for him to be old enough to play with her, she repeatedly brings him toys to play with and is very good about sharing, I just hope it will continue.

Tomorrow I am leaving them for the first time overnight, well at least Linus for the first time. My baby sister is graduating from college and I am going to see the event. Thankfully, I got a flight for pretty reasonably and don't have to drive the 5 hours to Texas Tech!

No comments: