Thursday, November 20, 2008

The SA Half Marathon

I am back from the half-marathon and I am actually not too sore. It was a great time to go to SA and visit my family and friends. I got to meet up with Erin, who I hadn't seen in quite a while, so that was fun and we met up with some friends who used to live in the metroplex!

The half-marathon was good, a very flat course. And the weather was perfect! It was a chilly 38 or so in the morning, but by the time we got finished it was a beautiful day. As we were walking to the start of the race, being the only one without long pants on, I said, "I am not going to lie, it is a little chilly!" The rest of our little group was all sorts of bundled up and Erin lives in the north! There were people crazier than me though with tank tops on. And men in tights, note to all men, don't wear tights! We know it is there, we do not need to see it on a run!


Amy & I before the race

Amy did a great job and it was so much fun to run with her! My cousin's wife also found us along the route and ran most of it with us! We definitely enjoyed ourselves. BG was a trooper and came out to watch with SD and being the fabulous hubby that he is, took tons of pics for my scrapbooking obsession. All in all, my favorite part was seeing SD along the route, although she was very confused as to why I would run up to her and then run off!


When I first saw SD, they were at 2 stops along the route!

Being my first, post-kids run, I think it went pretty well! I am going to try and set a goal of two next year and keep up my "long" runs so that I can stay in shape and be able to do half-marathons whenever I want! Here are some pics from after the race.





1 comment:

JMB said...

Congrats on the run; you look great!