Today is my 7th wedding anniversary and I can't believe it! It seems like it has passed so fast and yet, it seems like just yesterday. So, here are some fun facts from my wedding day...
1. We got married in San Antonio and the weather, a toss up, you never know what it is going to be in Texas. Ended up being a little chilly, but not too cold to be miserable in my strapless wedding dress, even when the "get away" car is a convertable!
2. We had a full open bar, even liquor, which lends itself to the following...
3. My friend Darla (aka Carla) fell leaving the reception, she swears it was the shoes, but... The funniest is that Tessie's at the time boyfriend and one of her exes (who was in the wedding) both helped her up, thankfully someone (I think it was Carla's now husband) had the right mind to take a picture!
4. One of my favorite pictures from the wedding is of Carla and Tessie running to the bathroom in their bridesmaid's dresses. The picture was taken from behind them and they are turning around mid-run looking at the camera.
5. We were talking about our wedding last night at a family Christmas event and reminiscing, My SIL had just had a baby 7 months before and hadn't regained her tolerance, and BG's cousin was finalizing her divorce, lets just say they both had a really good time!
6. Texas Tech (BG's Alma mater) was playing in the Alamo Bowl, the day of our wedding, and he and his groomsmen all wanted to go. This is where I became Bridezilla and asked them oh so nicely to refrain, then threatened BG that if he showed up lit to our wedding, I might just walk down the aisle the other way!
7. And one from the rehearsal, Tessie, although only 5 feet tall packs a mighty little punch! Shannon's husband was nice enough to get the rehearsal and all sorts of other things on film with our camcorder... thankfully, he got Tessie on film making quite the face to the wedding coordinator, who more than deserved it. If I can some how figure out how to get that in an electronic file, I will post it!
So, Happy Anniversary BG! I love you!!