Friday, July 17, 2009

I was so Not ready!

A while back I signed up to do a half-marathon in the Spring (May ish). This was my way of motivating myself to lose the rest of my baby weight! The only problem, is that I didn't really stick to my training schedule, so not only did I not lose the weight, but I was so unprepared for the half! Thankfully, it rained here in the metroplex, and rained and rained and rained! It completely flooded the route and the race was cancelled, which is very rare. I just happened to wake up at like 3 or 4 am and check my email, I guess I was hoping that it would be cancelled. Sure enough, it was!

The bad news is that they don't refund your money. The good news is that they have another race in September and I got a comp entrance! So, here is to training for this one!

So far I have done pretty well. Last Sunday, I ran 5 miles and am hoping to run 6 some time this weekend! I have also been doing well at my running during the week! Can you say hello swimsuit season!!

No comments: