Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pilot Personalities

Thankfully my commute to work is pretty much a non-event. I am blessed to live on one side of the airport and work on the other. The best part is that I don't have to get on a highway or even really deal with traffic when I go to work, because I am able to flip through the airport. In doing this every day now for 2+ years, I have made some observations. I get to see lots of planes take off and land, and it never loses its amazement. One thing that I have noticed is that there are two groups of pilots. One that halls it into the airport almost screeching to a dead stop when they land on the runway. The other slows down before they even start their descent and is more like the tortoise. I have a theory that the slower pilots are those that are older and more cautious. The younger, still have something to prove pilots are the ones that try and beat their previous time. But this is just a theory since I can't actually see the pilot from the road. It would be interesting to study though!

No comments: