Tuesday, September 14, 2010

People Say the Darndest Things

A couple of weeks ago at church, I was picking up Linus from his Sunday School class.  I had on a loose fitting dress and the lady in his class asked me if I was pregnant.  I tried to not be too offended, but do I really look pregnant?  Of course it made me a lot more focused on my eating habits and workout routine for the rest of the week!  The funny thing is that I have had the opposite happen as well.  I was super pregnant with Linus, like T-1 month or so, I was at a neighborhood get together and the lady I was talking to was asking if I had kids and kind of looking at my stomach.  I was like "Hello, there is no doubting that there is something extra in my body right now" but she was of the age that you didn't ask people about that unless they told you!  Funny how different things are now.

That same day at church, I was walking back to the sanctuary when I overheard two ladies at our coffee bar.  One of them I believe was pregnant and the other was asking her how it was going because she looked really tired.  Why do people think that is an okay thing to say to someone, kind of like telling someone that they look as if they don't feel well.  If they are tired or don't feel well, they really don't need to be reminded of the fact that they are not doing a good job hiding it!

No comments: