Monday, December 12, 2011

Comparing

"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel." ~Steven Furtick~ (Pastor of Elevation Church)

Something that has really been on my heart lately...I know I haven't written on this blog in FOREVER...I mainly post on my seejanecleanblog.com blog. But that is for cleaning and tips, not deep stuff.

A friend of mine recently underwent plastic surgery, a mommy makeover actually. This is not the first friend that I have had do this, nor do I think there is anything wrong with at all. Actually...I have considered having a couple of things improved myself. Then I saw this quote and how true it is.

Women are especially bad at it, and this worst part, is we don't really understand what we are comparing ourselves to. For example, women and body image...an age old issue. These days, if you are comparing yourself to another woman, especially one that you don't know very well, I would tap the brakes! You really shouldn't do it all, but you could more than likely be comparing yourself to something manufactured, not even a "better" gene pool! Don't beat yourself up comparing yourself to other people. Dwell on this quote, something I totally agree with and have said before in a much less eloquent way. The funny thing is, those people you are comparing yourself with, have issues too. I have actually had friends make comments that indicated such as they prepared to go under the knife, comments like "I have to have surgery to be like..."

Be proud of who God made you and what He has done for you. Don't insult your creator by critiquing his creation. As my wise daughter said, "Mommy, you don't have to do those decorations just because other people have them" A different situation, but same principle. I am not saying don't have plastic surgery at all...it is your body and like I said, I have contemplated it myself. But don't do it to look like someone else or to compare yourself to someone else. It is all about your mindset!

No comments: