Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sugar

I have been on a sugar fast lately, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I have no self-control, I can't just have a little of it. So, in order to prevent me over-indulging, I am not having any. It works for the most part, after I make it past the first week or so, I really don't want it anymore. Second, although at first it gives you a big rush of energy, you crash. I feel so much better, have more energy and I don't feel guilty. But, here comes the hard part... I was making my coffee in the breakroom this morning and in walks one of my co-workers with a carton of donuts. Not the plain, boring, glazed kind. The wonderful assortment of yummy, sugary donuts, including my favorite, blueberry cake! I am trying to resist the urge, because I know I will feel so guilty and sick after I eat it, but it is screaming my name. I am hoping and praying that someone or something will swoop in there and eat it up and take away that temptation!

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

I saw your coworker lick all of them before bringing them in. Hope that helps.

My fast would have to be against crunchy, which eliminates the salt too.