Isn't it funny what other people think or perceive about you. Is it because of what I do or say that people have these ideas about me? What is it that gives off these impressions. These are some examples:
1. A girl at work came up to me giggling the other day saying that Misty quoted me by saying "Really? Seriously?" I didn't even realize that I said this that often, but evidently I do, I caught myself saying it today.
2. When I first met my husband's parents his mom fixed dinner. Well, they were having steaks, but evidently he thought I didn't eat red meat, so she cooked and ENTIRE bag of chicken "for me." The steaks looked so good, but I knew I had to eat the chicken. My FIL still thinks I am a vegetarian, how he gets that from preferring chicken, I am not really sure.
3. Along those same lines, my BF Lindsay, thought the same thing. We were babysitting together in HS and finding food to eat in the refrigerator and she started snacking on some steak, offered me a piece and then said, oh wait, you don't eat steak.
4. A guy I work with, well his wife runs too, and he was telling her that I run and that we should run together since we live close. She assumed that I ran fast, no, I don't, a 10 minute mile, that is not fast. This is not the first time this has happened either.
5. I walked into church one morning holding a Diet Soda and my friend was shocked because she thought I only drank water.
6. My cousin-in-law or whatever you would call her, assumed that I always have my house spic and span, etc. Now this one, well it is relatively true, at least more true than the others, but I am not June Cleaver! (and my MIL helps a lot by doing pretty much all of the laundry and ironing)
7. Oh, and the funniest is my boss, when I brought SD up to the office, he said "She is relaxed like her Mom" I was like, excuse me, RELAXED, ME??? You can't be serious. My former boss (Stacy) said the same thing about me. How funny!!! I can promise you that Tessie, Carla and BG would tell you differently.
Now, in their defense, I do eat mainly chicken and I drink mostly water, but it is funny that people see those as absolutes because that is how they see me most of the time.
So, your job, comment on what you think about me and I will give a rebuttal if you are way off base!