- At Collin County Hospital, with a black female OBGYN who had great bedside manner
- Gained 60+ pounds
- Went in to be induced the night before and had contractions, water broke etc, but ended up a C-section
- Very attentive nursing staff, but got kind of annoying because they were so in my business
- At night the nurses timed their visits so I didn't have to be woken up as often
- Could only eat ice chips until my epidural was out
- Had epidural for more than 24 hours
- They helped me shower the first time, etc.
- Newer hospital with "updated" amenities
- More of a drive from home
- Both my pediatrician and OBGYN were not on call that weekend, so I saw someone else
- At Tarrant County Hospital with a white male OBGYN who is to the point and fun to talk with
- Gained less than 40 pounds
- Scheduled C-section, had to wait in pre-op (with nothing to occupy our time) for emergency C-section to be done
- Spinal Block
- Very friendly nursing staff, who was more hands off, we are here if you need us, which I really appreciated
- They didn't do a great job of timing their visits at night, the last night they did a horrible job!!
- Spinal block started wearing off that day and I got to get up the next morning and walk around
- Hands off, which means they let me get up for the first time and helped me, but then just left me on my own to get back in my bed
- The TV was a Zenith and the volume button on the bed didn't work, so we had to get up to change the volume
- They were doing construction on the hospital and there were workers outside my window one morning as I was breastfeeding
- Saw my actual doctors in the hospital
All in all, they were both great experiences. I have had great deliveries with little to no complications. I am truly blessed and I am so glad to be home with my family. Speaking of my family, we have even numbers of both sexes, even our dogs fit the mold! Just a little fun fact for you!