Monday, June 2, 2008

6 Hour Tour

Last night Linus slept for 6 hours straight! I fed him at 9:30 and then he didn't wake up until 3:30 to eat. Actually, he really wasn't all that awake. I woke up at 3:30 and realized that he was stirring a little and I was about to pop! So, I got him up and fed him. From there, he slept until 6:30 when I woke him up again to feed him. Not sure if it was just a fluke, or if he is going to start sleeping longer. I didn't know what to do with myself since I had gotten so much uninterrupted sleep.

He is really hard to keep awake during the day, but yesterday I worked really hard at it, and it paid off last night. Today, he did a great job of staying awake and then napping. I am refreshing myself on BabyWise so that we can transition into that soon. I thought I remembered most of it, but when I started reading, there were some things I had forgotten. The good thing is, I am much more relaxed this time around and won't be as rigid on the schedule.

All in all, today was a great day and I got a ton done. We had a photographer come over to take pictures. He is so awesome! He came and did pictures when SD was born and it is a great deal! I had seen a picture at the hospital of siblings with their feet in a picture together, it was so cute, so I had him do that with SD and Linus, I can't wait to see how it turns out! I will post some when I get them back in 2 weeks or so. The kids did really well during the photo shoot, I must admit, I was a little worried. SD is at a weird picture stage, she doesn't just sit there calmly, but she doesn't really understand the "look at the camera and smile" philosophy either. Most of my pictures of her are "action" shots.

BG actually had to go into the office today, so I was on my own with both of them until he got home after 5. We had a great time. They both took good naps from about 1-3:30 so I was able to get a lot of stuff done, that time frame is becoming my favorite part of the day! Then we played in the play room for a while and I think SD really liked that, Linus was in the bouncer, so we were able to do puzzles and she got some good one on one time. Then she got distracted and I got to make some cards.

This week is a pretty busy week for us. Tomorrow, 2 week check up for Linus, Wednesday I have an incision check and then Thursday, SD is getting to go see her first movie in a theater. I will let you know how that goes! Well, off to enjoy my free time until I turn into Bessie again!


Tessie said...

So glad everything is going well E.

Can't wait to see you all.

Becca in Texas said...

Babywise was a lot easier for me the second time because I knew better than to let it stress me out. I still did it full on, but I did not worry over every single thing like with Bubba. That is so exciting that you got some good sleep. Maybe he is resting up for a good weekend of eating bbq via mommy =)

RDC CCC Mom said...

Thanks for being such a good friend and encouragement! I appreciated the card you sent (my brain is running about 4 months behind on thanking folks!!) and of course all the prayers and shout outs to God! How are you adjusting to 2 little ones? How is SD reacting?