Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Reconnecting With Old Friends

I think I have said before that I am not that great of a friend. Not in a bad way, at least I don't think so, but I am just not very good at keeping in touch with people (something I am trying to work on). Lately I have had a chance to reconnect with some friends of old!

My College Girls - Most of my friends from college live in the metroplex with me, but we are spread out. We all have ALOT going on, not that that is an excuse, but we do. Anyway, we got to reconnect at a wedding just recently and it was nice! It was so good to hang out with them again, and most of the time, it is like no time has passed!

My College Work Friend - I met my friend Deanna at our PT job in college, bank tellers. We became fast friends and we were in each others weddings. I haven't talked to her much since she moved out of town, but have kept tabs on her through her mom (her mom is does my kids b-day cakes). Her mom told me that she was pregnant and I emailed her to tell her congrats. Since we are done having kids, I told her she could have all of my maternity clothes and all of the baby stuff! She was so excited and when I went to drop them off on my way to SA, we hung out for about an hour. Now we are emailing regularly and are back in touch, again, like no time had passed.

My HS friend - I only keep in touch with one of my friends from HS, Lindsay, that is until recently. Because of blogs and email, we have been reconnected. It is so awesome because we have so much in common and like she said, "it seems like we were separated at birth" We will get to see each other again in November for a Half-Marathon that all three of us (including Lindsay) will be running together. I can't wait!!!

Like I have said, I am not great at maintaining friendships, but God has brought these lovely ladies back into my life for a reason! And He is fostering some new friendships with what used to be friends of friends!

3 comments:

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

I'm SOOO glad that we have reconnected! You have been a blessing to me lately! I can't wait to hang in Nov!
You are a great friend!
I believe we are in a tough "friend" stage in life because we are so focused on our hubbies and kiddos. I have found that it just takes longer to forge friendships because you can't see each other everyday for lunch and "after school" like back in HS! It will get better as kids get less dependent...off to school...etc.
Happy Tuesday!

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

P.S. Let me know what you find out about the other grocery thing! And I try to do the same thing with my Kroger card...sometimes they ask when I am done putting on the groceries...other times I try to busy myself looking for it :)
It's the thrill of the bargain! I suppose if we are going to have an addiction and want to "gamble", this is a good addiction to have! That's what I tell hubby!

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

P.S. I'll talk to hubby about coming down! I'd love it!
P.P.S. How many comments per post makes one a comment stalker???