Monday, August 11, 2008

Stories From the Field

We have this thing at my company during our monthly meetings where people tell stories from the field. I thought it was an appropriate title for my recent trip. To say this weekend was a whirlwind is an understatement. I flew to Lubbock for my sister's college graduation and...

- We had serious plane delays, which has been my experience with American almost every time I fly. Anyway, at first we were waiting for a flight attendant, which to me is annoying and it seems like that shouldn't happen, don't they know when they have to work? Then a computer had to be changed out. Thank goodness we were in a hub airport and they obviously have extras laying around.
coffee filters
- Because of the delay, my "I can wait until I get to Lubbock to go to the bathroom" turned into, I have to pee on the plane! Nice, huh! I don't know the last time I had used the airplane bathroom before this flight, but it has been a while! I will say that the bathrooms are improved from what I remember. But a couple of observations...No one who is much bigger than I am can comfortably go to the bathroom in these, they are really small! And, they were using coffee in prepackaged filters as air freshner, quite strage, but it worked!
- My dad wanted to go to the Panhandle Plains Museum and Palo Duro Canyon while we were in Lubbock. So they picked us up from the airport and off we went. While we were in the Museum, it rained, just enough to make everything wet and slick. I fell coming out of the museum on the limestone steps and banged up my knee pretty good. And I did all of this 100% sober!
- I was glad to get home around 3:30 on Saturday and spend time with my family! But then, I got a call from a group of my friends who were staying at a hotel close by and decided to go out with them. I had a blast, but look for the details in another post!!

No comments: