Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Organizing Your Cleaning Supplies

I have been blessed with an awesome laundry room. It has two full size double door cabinets in it each with three shelves. This works really well for me for a couple of reasons. First of all, our laundry room is next to our kitchen, but is separated by a baby gate. This means that I can store all of my cleaning supplies here because they are above the washer/dryer and behind a baby gate. I guess I could go the extra step and put locks on the cabinets, but I haven't yet. The other reason that this really works for me is that since I do the grocery game, I have lots of extra cleaning supplies on hand.

This summer while I was on maternity leave, I decided I needed to organize it even more. So, I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of containers. I love the color red, so I was very excited when I found the red buckets and 4 of them fit very nicely on a shelf. For the big tubs, I bought dishwashing pans. Then I organized all of my cleaning supplies by room, ie. kitchen, bathroom, general (dusting and floor cleaning stuff). I made labels with my Dymo (I LOVE this thing) and put it all in my cabinets.


The right side of one cabinet.




The left side of the cabinet.



An example of a labled container.



Since I have two cabinets in my laundry room. I use one for mainly cleaning supplies and other household odds & ends (lightbulbs, dog stuff, etc.) and the other one I use for all of my laundry supplies, again I stockpile, so I have a lot on hand.

Go Check out more ideas at Rocks in My Dryer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did your pictures go?
Lins

The MAN Fan Club said...

Scary that our ant killer is right next to the cereal. Meds and chemicals on the top shelf.