Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Worry!

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10 (NIV)
This verse came to my inbox this morning and was so comforting to me! I am a huge worrier and I know that is not what God wants me to do. This verse helped me realize that not only is worrying the devil's prompting, but that his sole motive is to steal, kill and destroy!

There is a lot going on in the world and it is very tumultuous. Most of it is at a national level and not affecting Texas as much as other states. But there is also stuff going on in my life which is causing me to worry. Most of the time I am worrying about things that I have no control over and not only that, there is really nothing that is causing me to worry. Most people would look at the facts and not even understand how I am jumping to the conclusion that I am worrying about! I am really trying to capture my thoughts and not let it get any further!

1 comment:

All Things Red said...

I battle the worries too - we're in this together! And most of what we are so worried about never becomes a real issue to deal with!