I thought I would take a hint from Rocks in My Dryer and give hints on Laundry. And it follows nicely after my ironing post.
Here is what I do for laundry...
1. I use a pre-sorted hamper which means, I don't have to sort the laundry before I do it, which saves a ton of time! Not only that, but it has wheels, so I just roll it into the laundry room, usually with the help of SD. Hubby is pretty good about sorting his clothes, but I usually do the colors first, then the darks because a lot of times, he gets those two confused.
2. I wash our clothes twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays. I do this because it keeps the loads small.
3. I keep the kids separate and do a load for each of them. This way I don't have to sort a ton of little socks with adult t-shirts. And I can use "free" detergent because my kids have sensitive skin.
4. I do towels usually twice a month. This is only for our towels. I wash the kids' with their laundry.
5. I change all of our sheets on one day. Linus' get put in with his laundry since it is a crib sheet and I do SD's separate since she has a double bed and it constitutes a whole load. I do our sheets the day I change them.
The biggest advice that I have (and need to remind myself of often) is to fold it immediately when the little buzzer on the dryer goes off. I love the buzzer!!! And now my new washing machine has one too! So when the dryer goes off, I fold the clothes and if timing is right, switch the loads.
Go Check out More at Works for Me Wednesday!