Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Travel Time

We just got back from being out of town for a while. We went to see my parents and participate in Fiesta, but more on that later. As I was running around like a chicken with its head cut of getting a family of 4 ready to leave town, I started thinking, why am I doing all this to go out of town? But when I got home, I was so thankful that I had done it! So, what was I doing to get ready? Well...

1. Change all of the sheets
2. Get all of the laundry done (including the sheets)
3. Clean out the fridge (we were going to be gone for 5 days)
4. No dishes in the sink
5. All papers, etc. filed away
6. Toys picked up
7. Kids, husband and self packed
8. Ironing finished
9. All trash taken out

The things I wanted to do, but ran out of time:
1. Clean the floors
2. Clean the bathrooms

It was so nice to come back to a semi-clean house and not be stressed about getting it all done before going to work on Monday. Good thing too, because we didn't get back on Sunday until 5 and the kids were a little on edge after being in the car for almost 5 hours. I just had to get to the grocery store to restock the fridge, and get right back on my cleaning schedule :)

So, what do you do before you go out of town?

No comments: