Monday, June 1, 2009

Playroom Overhaul

Our playroom is tiled, which I love because it is easy to clean and it is not carpet! The only problem is that the tile was not sealed when it was put is. I would mop, and mop, and mop and still, the grout was dirty. So, when my mom was here for Linus' birthday, she helped me clear out the playroom completely. Then while she organized and wiped down the toys, I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. I went through 5 or so grout brushes and finally got some clean floors. Then I mopped them a couple of times and sealed it, so hopefully they will stay clean.

The nasty dirty tile. The grout is supposed to be white.

All cleaned out except for the big stuff.

Once it was dry, Mom and I put everything back in it, all re-organized. I love the way it looks now and the kids do too. I also think it is a much better use of space, before, everything was pretty much pushed to the edge. There is now a boy section and a girl section, of course neither kids respects those boundaries, but that is totally fine with me! Here are some before and after pics.


Linus' side, closest to the Den so that you can still watch him.

The middle section with toys for both of them and their cute little table. This is right across from the bookshelf as well.


SD's side, complete with her kitchen and baby stuff. We have since moved the easel and that is now where her dollhouse (or doghouse as she calls it) is, which is great because before it was in our front room!




2 comments:

All Things Red said...

Looks great - the hard work paid off!

loni said...

It looks great! None of my tile is sealed. :(

Someone told me to go rent a machine from Oreck that is awesome at cleaning the tile and the grout. I think I am going to check it out pretty soon!