Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Night Cap

Last weekend, BG and I had to meet up to switch cars, well, actually to transfer the kids, it was just easier to switch cars than move the kids. Anyway, the best place to meet was at a gas station, one that happened to have a liqour store attached to it. So, while he was waiting for me, BG perused the aisles, he used to work at one in college and I think he really enjoyed it! He came out with a handle of Jim Beam Black, mainly because he had seen a bunch of recipes recently that called for whiskey.

***DISCLAIMER: I am a Christian, and I drink. I don't think drinking is bad or a sin, I think taking it to excess is the problem. I think taking anything to excess is a problem and I think it is bad if you are causing another person to stumble.***

Now, I am not a big drinker, but when I do drink, it is usually red wine. BG is a beer drinker for the most part, but he also likes red wine. Usually the time line on drinking (for girls anyway) is wine coolers, beer, wine, hard liquor. I started the other way, with hard liquor, beer was the last thing I got to! If we have a bottle of wine, we might have a glass with dinner, but really don't keep much on hand. We do have a TON of liquor from BG's bachelor party that we have NOT touched in the almost 8 years that we have been married!

So fast forward to now, we have a handle of whiskey of which maybe 1 cup might be used in recipes over the next month or so. So, we decided to make a night cap with some diet coke. Usually, caffeine of any type keeps me wired for hours! But I guess the combination of diet coke and whiskey cancel each other out. I slept like a rock that night and so did BG! So, we had another last night, it might be a new tradition!

No comments: