Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter was pretty hard this year and very emotional. This was the first major holiday since my sister in law passed away. Not only that, but her birthday was yesterday. I think it was hard on all of us. I know for me, I was overcome with emotion and had to fight back the tears, and I am not typically a crier! At church, after the sermon, they dimmed the lights and a bag pipe player came out (dressed in a kilt I might add) and played Amazing Grace. For some reason, this just struck a chord in me and opened the flood gate of tears. After that was played we went on to sing music, all of which continued to flood me with emotions. Today, I can't remember the names of the songs that we sung, but I remember how I felt. The thing I was thinking about the most was what a celebration they were having in Heaven and how my sister in law was able to participate. I thought, man, they must have these kind of celebrations every day, basking in the glory of the Risen Savior!

BG and I talked about it later and come to find out, he was having trouble keeping in the tears as well. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a sister, she was like a sister to me and I have had a tough time with it, even though I have only known her for 10 years, compared to his 35. At lunch I could tell her husband was also having a rough time. The awesome thing is that I know that I will see her again and be able to celebrate with her! I sure miss her!

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

Sunday I went to a memorial for a 38 year old friend of mine that passed away last week.