Sunday, August 8, 2010

I ball...do you?

One thing I love about summer is the amount of fresh fruit that is around.  One of our favorite summer fruits is watermelon.  Linus could probably eat an entire watermelon by himself and still want more!  I hadn't ever thought much of it until someone commented on it one time, but I guess I prepare my watermelon a little different than everyone else.  You see, I ball my watermelon.  Not just for parties or to make it fancy, but that is what I do every time we have one.  I guess that most people just cut it up into chunks or triangles, but not me.  I love having it in little bite sizes and easy to pick up and eat.  My kids love it too, it makes it so much easier for them to eat.  And really, it doesn't take much time at all.  I don't even know how to cut up a watermelon, so I am sure that would take me more time to do.  I have even started teaching SD how to do it, and she LOVES to help!  I am not sure if that is what my mom always did or not, but I think that a melon baller is a necessity in my kitchen!

No comments: