Thursday, October 11, 2007

Total Hard-A**

Okay, maybe I am a total B, but seriously! I was in a meeting at work and got so frustrated and flabbergasted at the conversation. I work for a company that provides church software to say it with me "Churches." I am not known to have mercy, but I also try not to enable people (this is a little harder to stick to with my daughter, but I try). I am of the thought that if you are above the age of 18, you no longer need your hand to be held. I believe that if you continue to hold people's hands, why would they ever want to be responsible when you will just do it for them. It wasn't that this conversation got me riled up specifically, it is just the thought. We should not have to hold our churches hands, it is my understanding that in order to work in the United States, you have to be of a certain age, and if you have a job or someone views you as a responsible volunteer, you should not have to be reminded to wipe your butt! Sometimes I think that churches try to take advantage of us, throw out the "from brother to brother" aspect. No, we are a business, you are a "business" of sorts, GROW UP! You should be responsible to change your information, and pay your bills, if you are late, you should suffer the consequences. Life is about choices, but with every choice there are consequences. For example, if you chose to drink and drive, you MIGHT go to jail, or kill someone! Granted, I am not perfect, and I make mistakes, but I have to live with those consequences, and really, there is no one else to blame but myself. I have some family members who are like this, and it drives me NUTS!!! Maybe it is because I am the oldest of 4 kids, I am a typical first child and TOTALLY TYPE A! If we as a society continue like this, we are going to be in serious trouble when all of the people who hold our hands die, because ***NEWSFLASH*** EVERYONE DIES! There was even a story in the news lately that illustrates this to a tee, about parents who go with their kids to job interviews, review their kids benefits, etc. If I have a parent come with an interviewee to an interview, I will not hire them, simply because of the principal of the matter, I just won't do it. Why do we enable? I just don't understand! My children's minister said that your job as a parent is to get your child ready to leave the nest. I completely agree with this concept. If you are a parent, please adhere to this, truthfully, if you don't, you are not helping your child, you are actually hurting them!

3 comments:

Misty said...

I honestly could not agree more!

Tess said...

Helicoptor parents weird me out.

I can see how working with churches might be frustrating after your previous job experience because many people treat them with kid gloves, even though, you are right, they are a "business".

Crave The Word said...

Not sure where you were going with this, but you went pretty hard!