Friday, August 15, 2008

Issues

I am having some serious issues with my body image. I torture myself every morning and try on clothes hoping that I will fit into them. The crazy thing about body image is that for women it really affects a lot of stuff! One of the biggest thing it affects is your sex life. If you don't feel attractive, then you don't feel sexy. Explaining this to men is really hard though, I know I was trying to explain it to one of my guy friends and it just baffled him. It completely baffles BG as well. He does not see my body the way I do, so he does not understand. I think through all of this, God is trying to teach me something. He is trying to teach me that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made" and that He looks at me in a totally different light. I think that until I realize that and believe it, I won't be able to lose weight. I think this is something that He really needs me to see! The cool thing is that He has given me a very tangible example of this in my husband. BG has never once commented on my body in a negative way. Even when I ask him point blank questions, he tells me that I am being ridiculous and that I look fine. I know men have it driven in their head not to make negative comments, but I don't think he does it because of that. I think that he really thinks I am totally wrong. He sees me as beautiful and amazing, not from the outside, but from the inside and that makes me beautiful on the outside for him! I am so thankful that God has given me such a wonderful and Godly husband!

2 comments:

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

Thanks for sharing! Do you have it stuck in your head that you can eat more because of nursing??? Once I got that out of my hand and got my "portion distortion" under control, my plateau started to decline back to pre-prego weight! Yeah for godly hubbies! Pray it away! Take every thought captive for Christ! It's surely a spiritual battle that we all have fought/are fighting!

Erin said...

A little, but I think more of my issue is wanting it gone in an instant!