Monday, August 25, 2008

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

On Saturday, I took the kids to get their picture taken at Portrait Innovations, they have a great $9.95 deal! Anyway, it is right by BG's office and since he had to work on Saturday, we decided to get lunch and go eat with him. We were standing at McAllister's waiting on our to-go order when it happened. It was about 12:15 or so and SD was pretty hungry and starting to get cranky. Linus was asleep in the car seat, none the wiser about what was going to happen. As the nice girl was handing me the bag of food, all of a sudden I felt a stinging sensation on my left cheek. Unfortunately I am talking about my bum cheek!!! Low and behold, SD is standing behind me and hauled off and bit my rump!!! I didn't even know what to do. She bit me pretty hard because it stung pretty good. I didn't discipline her in the moment, mainly because I think that I was in too much shock to do anything. When we got in the car, I told her that we do not bite and she shouldn't have bitten Mommy. That is the first time that she has bitten anyone to my knowledge, so I am hoping it was a one time deal and we won't have to deal with it again!

1 comment:

mamashine said...

Oh no!

I think a lot of kids have to do it at least once, just to see what it's like. At least she bit you and not the baby.