Monday, August 18, 2008

Who is Watching the Kids?

When you go on a trip after you have kids and they are not with you, the first question is always, "Who is watching them?" This of course happened to me when I went to Lubbock and every time I told them that their Dad was, I got the same reaction, "Oh, I bet he will be glad when you get home." Someone actually asked me if his mom was helping him. It got me thinking about how great of a dad BG is. He is super involved and knows most of the day to day details without me having to say anything. The only thing that I had to do to prepare for being away, was write down Linus' schedule and how much he was eating. BG probably could have figured it out, but we had just changed from a 3 hour to a 4 hour schedule and I keep it on the fridge, mainly for his mom, who now that I think of it doesn't really need it either! And as far as SD goes, he needs NO instruction. That is the fabulous thing about my husband. He is very involved, probably does just as much (if not more since he works from home a lot) of the day to day stuff as I do. Come to think of it, a lot of my friend's husbands do the same. I am so thankful for both of my kids that they have a dad that not only provides for them from a monetary standpoint, but is also a very active part of their lives! Sure, he probably needs help remember the details, like what size diapers they wear, or how many ounces to feed them, but I know that if something happened to me, he could carry on with only minor bumps in the road as far as they are concerned.

I love you BG! You are a fabulous Dad (and husband of course)!

No comments: