Monday, September 1, 2008

Caught in the Act

I walked in to check on Linus the other day and this is what I found!



I so thought we had escaped this fixation. It was full on, he not only had his thumb in his mouth, but his finger was hooked on his nose, and his other hand was trying to cover it up. And he was going to town on it! You see, this boy comes from a history of thumb sucking. His daddy sucked his thumb, for quite a while, and actually had to have some extensive orthodontics to fix the "damage." His sister also had this fixation, but she had it from day one. With SD, I was constantly pulling her thumb and putting in her paci. She finally left the thumb in the dust and attached herself whole-heartedly to the paci. Linus, well, he does not like that paci, unless he is really hungry and we hold it in there. I don't know what I am going to do! Little rascal!

No comments: