Monday, September 8, 2008

The Lent Diet

A guy in our Lifegroup was talking about how he was on the Lent diet. I totally got it since I grew up Episcopalian and practiced Lent. I always gave up sweets, always! And then one year, I found out that you can "cheat" on Sundays. That it is okay to give in to your temptation on Sundays. Not sure if this is the correct way to do Lent, but that is the premise behind his diet. He eats really well all week and then on Sunday, he gorges. And he doesn't mess around! He goes to town. His wife was telling us that one Sunday morning before they went to church (at 9 am) he had already had two packages of Reese's peanut butter cups and some donuts. He said that some Sundays he takes it a little too far and feels sick the rest of the week. It is an interesting way to look at dieting! Maybe I will try it, only have sweets on Sundays. That will give me a little of my fix, but it surely won't bode well for my Monday morning weigh-in!

No comments: