Sunday, September 21, 2008

Running isn't Everything

I know, you are shocked! But it isn't everything. I used to only run, that is all I did and I thought that was enough, but it simply isn't. It is really important to tone other parts of your body, because unfortunately running isn't the cure-all. For me, running is the base, the thing that is always there and is the foundation, but I can build on it. I have been really trying to focus on my core and my arms. Running pretty much takes care of toning my legs and getting rid of the flab around my mid-section, but it doesn't tone it. I have been using my exercise ball and this great quick routine I found in my Runner's World magazine. I have also been trying to lift weights and do arm videos, but it unfortunately is not tops on my "want to do" list so I have been kind of slacking on it. I have found though that as I increase the strenght in my core, I run much better. I am not hunched over at the end when I am tired, the strength in the middle carries me to the end and helps me finish strong!

All that being said, I got to run my long run by myself on Saturday. I actually prefer taking the kids and having hubby along, but every once in a while it is nice to go out alone. Our stroller has a wheel problem, again, and BG has not had time to work on it. So, as much as I didn't want to go yesterday morning, I grabbed my iPod, and my cell phone and adorned myself in my cute little skirt and hit the road. I did 6 miles and it felt great, I wasn't even really sore today!

Run on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why are you not posting your weight....isnt this operation skinny. I check it you know!
Lins

Just Jackie said...

I didn't even have to finish reading this entry...I was COMPULSED to tell you that E is for Everything!! Silly bear.

Becca in Texas said...

I cant get to that stage yet. Right now all I want to do is run. and really i cannot figure out a way to do anything else. I did buy some weights so I can start doing arm stuff at night while I watch tv. maybe soon I will do the rest.