Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Molly Ringwalds

On Friday night, I got to meet up with my Collin County friends who just happened to be in the area. Actually, they had planned it like crazy because they are groupies! Okay, I can probably be thrown in that category as well. We went to the Glass Cactus to see the Molly Ringwalds. They are a fabulous 80's cover band. The cool thing is that we were not the "old" people there by any means.

Some funny stories...

There were some younguns there who wanted to be near the stage, but thought we were all so uncool. They kept making all sorts of faces and continually said, "I don't even know these songs." My friend retorted with, "I am sure the Jonas Brothers are playing somewhere."

As we were on our way, my friend sent me a text that said that the same guys that were next to us the last time we went, were once again next to us! Sad, but true!

There was a significantly older lady front and center dancing the night away! It was hilarious. If you think white girls can't dance, white grandmas don't stand a chance!

Next to the grandma was what we referred to as the Playboy bunnies. These girls had more of their gigantic fake boobs exposed than covered up! They did have nice bodies, but when you looked at their faces, you could tell that they were too old to be dressing like that! I believe there comes a time in one's life where dressing like a prostitute can no longer be excused by your age and not knowing any better!

All in all, we had a great time and will probably see them again the next time they are in town! If you ever get a chance, you should go see them. They are really entertaining!

1 comment:

The MAN Fan Club said...

I LOVE cover bands and I'm sure I'd love an 80's cover band.