Monday, February 9, 2009

Chapter 3-6 and some Explanation

I totally fell off the band wagon on this Bible Study after the first two posts! I am so sorry! I think once a month is really not often enough to do it. I am going to try to do it once a week, and have it become more of a habit, because God is really pressing it on my heart to do it! So, here goes...

Chapter 3 - Develop a Passion for Prayer
  • I didn't really have anything from this chapter, the title pretty much speaks for itself!

Chapter 4 - God's Guidelines for Your Body

Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit - 1 Cor 6:19

1. Your body is a temple

- the secret to discipline is motivation

a. guard yourself (Prov 4:23-37)

b. Walk in righteousness (Prov 4:14-15)

c. Avoid Sexual Sin (1Cor 6:13)

d. Fill your "temple" (Psalm 29:2)

2. Your body is not your own, it is designed by God for His purpose

3. Your body is bought with a price (1 Cor 6:20)

4. You are to glorify God in your body

Chapter 5-6 - 10 Disciplines for Managing Your Body

1. Pray for a healthy body (1Cor 9:27)

2. Acknowledge Sin - the physical body is affected by the spiritual condition (Psalm 32)

3. Walk by the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23) - we are meant to live a life of self-denial, self-restraint, self-control, so that God's plan for our life is realized

4. Discipline your Body (1Cor 9:27) - the goal needs to be to please God, not others (total issue for me)! nothing is to have control over us

5. Exercise Regularly

6. Seek Proper Sleep & Rest (Mark 6:31) - this is definitely something that I struggle with, I just don't sleep all that much, but "When your output exceeds your input, then your upkeep will be your downfall."

7. Watch what you eat

8. Keep a schedule - develop a routine based on God's priorities for our life

9. Take care of your appearance

10. Commit to a lifelong pursuit of discipline

So, that's it for this week! Hopefully I will stay on top of this and get it out each week! Have a great week!

No comments: