Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's A Miracle

I went running with my friend Allison last Sunday. We joined up with a running group that is between us physically, so it was a great place to meet. It was really nice to be able to run with someone else too, instead of always by myself. The best part is that Allison pushed me, she always have and that is one of the things that I love about her! We ran an 8 mile loop and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I had told her on the phone the night before that I wasn't sure if I could do 8, but I could probably do 6. Even then she pushed me, she told me, don't give yourself that out now, wait until we are out there, the mind quits a long time before the body does!

So as we were running, she stayed with me, which was awesome, because her pace is faster than mine. She also pushed me to a pace that I don't normally run at, but could and should. I am so looking forward to doing this with her every week, or at least most!

At the end of the run, I was pretty proud of myself, I ran almost all 8 miles and actually didn't feel like I was going to die, until later that is...I was fine on Sunday afternoon, just tired. But then came Monday, I thought I was dead, it hurt to get out of bed. The biggest problem was my right ankle, my Achilles tendinitis I guess had flared up and it hurt bad, but I made myself go for a short run that morning. I knew that I needed to warm everything up and loosen it up. I was so glad that there were not that many people around, because I probably looked ridiculous running since I hurt so badly! And the rest of the day wasn't much better. So Tuesday came around, which meant boot camp and I wanted to stay in bed, but I made myself get up and go, after all, I was paying for it! All day yesterday, I kind of limped around and even put ice on my ankle. I went to bed early last night and decided I would give myself today as a break, I didn't want to over-do it and then not be able to run on Sunday with Allison. I don't know if my body finally recovered, or if just allowing myself to take that break did it, but today, no pain, not even soreness!!! It is so crazy, I feel like I have been miraculously healed! So, tomorrow, it is back to business and I am really looking forward to Sunday! If I keep it up, a half-marathon will be no big deal, which is just what I want!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you! You were awesome last Sunday and again today! Allison