Monday, August 31, 2009

Not as Ridiculous

I went to the running group again this Sunday. Allison and I had a good run, not as quick as last time, but she helped me to realize that I was doing just about the same as last time, although we think our pace was a little slower. The great part was that I was not nearly as tired when we were done or the rest of the afternoon. And today I am not in utter pain like last week! I am sore, but nothing like last week. The best part is that when I went for a run this morning, I didn't look nearly as ridiculous as last week!

It really feels good to be running so much again. I am getting back into it with gusto! I love the way it makes me feel and the energy it provides. I have also signed up with a group that is all about half marathons. It sends out info about them and tips, etc. They also have a challenge to do 4 or 5 in the next year and I am going to try! I am already signed up for two and was planning on signing up for a third (that this group puts on). Then, Amy told me that she was doing the R&R in Dallas, so I said I would do it with her, so that makes 4. Now I just have to find one more. How cool would it be to do 5 in a year's time! I had told a friend that I would love to be able to run a half marathon at any time and it not be THAT big of a deal. If I stick with this, hopefully that will become a reality!

No comments: